1. What switch port modes will allow a switch to successfully form a trunking link if the neighboring switch port is in "dynamic desirable" mode?
on, auto, or dynamic desirable mode
2. Refer to the exhibit. Computer 1 sends a frame to computer 4. On which links along the path between computer 1 and computer 4 will a VLAN ID tag be included with the frame?
3. Refer to the exhibit. The exhibited configurations do not allow the switches to form a trunk. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
The trunk cannot be negotiated with both ends set to auto.
4. What must the network administrator do to remove Fast Ethernet port fa0/1 from VLAN 2 and assign it to VLAN 3?
Enter the switchport access vlan 3 command in interface configuration mode.
5. Which two statements describe the benefits of VLANs? (Choose two.)
VLANs improve network security by isolating users that have access to sensitive data and applications.
VLANs divide a network into smaller logical networks, resulting in lower susceptibility to broadcast storms..
6. What happens to the member ports of a VLAN when the VLAN is deleted?
The ports cannot communicate with other ports.
7. What is a valid consideration for planning VLAN traffic across multiple switches?
A trunk connection is affected by broadcast storms on any particular VLAN that is carried by that trunk.
8. What statement about the 802.1q trunking protocol is true?
802.1q will not perform operations on frames that are forwarded out access ports.
9. Switch port fa0/1 was manually configured as a trunk, but now it will be used to connect a host to the network. How should the network administrator reconfigure switch port Fa0/1?
Enter the switchport mode access command in interface configuration mode.
10. What statements describe how hosts on VLANs communicate?
Hosts on different VLANs communicate through routers.
11. Refer to the exhibit. Computer B is unable to communicate with computer D. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
Computer D does not have a proper address for the VLAN 3 address space.
12. Refer to the exhibit. SW1 and SW2 are new switches being installed in the topology shown in the exhibit. Interface Fa0/1 on switch SW1 has been configured with trunk mode “on”. Which statement is true about forming a trunk link between the switches SW1 and SW2?
Interface Fa0/2 on switch SW2 will negotiate to become a trunk link if it supports DTP.
13. Refer to the exhibit. Which statement is true concerning interface Fa0/5?
Trunking can occur with non-Cisco switches.
14. Refer to the exhibit. How far is a broadcast frame that is sent by computer A propagated in the LAN domain?
computer D, computer G
15. What are two characteristics of VLAN1 in a default switch configuration? (Choose two.)
VLAN 1 is the management VLAN.
All switch ports are members of VLAN1.
16. The network administrator wants to separate hosts in Building A into two VLANs numbered 20 and 30. Which two statements are true concerning VLAN configuration? (Choose two.)
The VLANs may be named.
The network administrator may create the VLANs in either global configuration mode or VLAN database mode.
17. Refer to the exhibit. The network administrator has just added VLAN 50 to Switch1 and Switch2 and assigned hosts on the IP addresses of the VLAN in the 10.1.50.0/24 subnet range. Computer A can communicate with computer B, but not with computer C or computer D. What is the most likely cause of this problem?
VLAN 50 is not allowed to entering the trunk between Switch1 and Switch2.
18. Refer to the exhibit. Which two conclusions can be drawn regarding the switch that produced the output shown? (Choose two.)
The command switchport access vlan 20 was entered in interface configuration mode for Fast Ethernet interface 0/1.
Devices attached to ports fa0/5 through fa0/8 cannot communicate with devices attached to ports fa0/9 through fa0/12 without the use of a Layer 3 device.
19. A network administrator is removing several VLANs from a switch. When the administrator enters the no vlan 1 command, an error is received. Why did this command generate an error?
VLAN 1 can never be deleted.
20. Refer to the exhibit. Company HR is adding PC4, a specialized application workstation, to a new company office. The company will add a switch, S3, connected via a trunk link to S2, another switch. For security reasons the new PC will reside in the HR VLAN, VLAN 10. The new office will use the 172.17.11.0/24 subnet. After installation, the existing PCs are unable to access shares on PC4. What is the likely cause?
PC4 must use the same subnet as the other HR VLAN PCs.
21. What is the effect of the switchport mode dynamic desirable command?
A trunk link is formed if the remote connected device is configured with the switchport mode dynamic auto or switchport mode trunk commands.