Skip to main content

Facebook + UserBundle authentication with symfony2


I'm trying to authenticate my users via facebook or userbundle on symfony2



Here's what I did so far (and it works, although not as I want):




firewalls:
main:
pattern: .*
fos_facebook:
app_url: "http://apps.facebook.com/appName/"
server_url: "http://localhost/facebookApp/"
login_path: /fblogin
check_path: /fblogin_check
default_target_path: /
provider: my_fos_facebook_provider
form_login:
check_path: /login_check
anonymous: true
logout:
handlers: ["fos_facebook.logout_handler"]



The problem with that config is that when the user is not logged in, he's redirected to /login (form_login), while I'd like him to be redirected to Facebook authentication by default



I already tried simply removing the form_login, but then if I access /login (which is how I want users to login outside facebook), it doesn't know the /login_check route to submit the login form



Maybe chain_provider would be a solution? I didn't get it working either



thanks


Source: Tips4allCCNA FINAL EXAM

Comments

  1. An easy and mabye more usable option would be to show all the login options in the login page (including facebook, twitter, open id, or whatever you'd like to use)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should add the fos_userbundle provider for the form_login (and keep the rest of the configuration):

    form_login:
    provider: fos_userbundle


    I didn't dig too much, but I think Symfony2 is automatically creating a chained provider in this case.

    ReplyDelete
  3. find where the redirect to login is and change the appropriate route. i've not used symphony2 but im guessing it defaults to login is a user isn't logged in. you could maybe switch the routes around so /login calls the facebook login api etc.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[韓日関係] 首相含む大幅な内閣改造の可能性…早ければ来月10日ごろ=韓国

div not scrolling properly with slimScroll plugin

I am using the slimScroll plugin for jQuery by Piotr Rochala Which is a great plugin for nice scrollbars on most browsers but I am stuck because I am using it for a chat box and whenever the user appends new text to the boxit does scroll using the .scrollTop() method however the plugin's scrollbar doesnt scroll with it and when the user wants to look though the chat history it will start scrolling from near the top. I have made a quick demo of my situation http://jsfiddle.net/DY9CT/2/ Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Why does this javascript based printing cause Safari to refresh the page?

The page I am working on has a javascript function executed to print parts of the page. For some reason, printing in Safari, causes the window to somehow update. I say somehow, because it does not really refresh as in reload the page, but rather it starts the "rendering" of the page from start, i.e. scroll to top, flash animations start from 0, and so forth. The effect is reproduced by this fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/fYmnB/ Clicking the print button and finishing or cancelling a print in Safari causes the screen to "go white" for a sec, which in my real website manifests itself as something "like" a reload. While running print button with, let's say, Firefox, just opens and closes the print dialogue without affecting the fiddle page in any way. Is there something with my way of calling the browsers print method that causes this, or how can it be explained - and preferably, avoided? P.S.: On my real site the same occurs with Chrome. In the ex