Skip to main content

Firefox 10 - unclickable buttons?



Has anyone seen this behavior:





I have a couple of HTML buttons used to drive a content rotator:







<div id="rotatorControls" class="rotatorControls" runat="server">

<input name="previous" id="previous" type="button" value="&laquo;" />

&nbsp;

<input name="next" id="next" type="button" value="&raquo;" />

</div>







The buttons are activated with a little jQuery:







$(document).ready(function() {

mcarousel = $("#carouseldiv").msCarousel({ boxClass: 'div.box', height: 100, width: 450 }).data("msCarousel");

//add click event

$("#next").click(function() {

//calling next method

mcarousel.next();

});



$("#previous").click(function() {

//calling previous method

mcarousel.previous();

});

})







In IE this works fine...in Chrome and FireFox 10, the buttons aren't clickable. When I roll my cursor over the buttons, the cursor doesn't change and the buttons don't highlight like other buttons do.





Anyone seen this before and/or have any ideas how to fix this? I've already tried setting the z-index on the buttons, and moving them out of the container div (thinking an invisible element is blocking the click), but neither of those worked.





Any help would be appreciated.





EDIT





I'm using the mCarousel plugin provided by Marghoob Suleman (http://www.marghoobsuleman.com/jquery-ms-carousel)


Comments

  1. At a guess without the full code, I would suggest checking the relevant js files have loaded correctly for this plugin in Firefox and Chrome. Also it would be worth noting in the question that it is via a plugin not standard jQuery that this functionality is from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe you're missing something from the original implementation:

    http://www.marghoobsuleman.com/mywork/jcomponents/carousel/index.html

    For example the boxClass: 'div.box' pointing to the wrong place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had this same problem yesterday with a late version of Firefox and I found help on this site from Mikey G.

    This may help if you want to go this route, it worked for me on a similiar issue, also with a slideshow.

    Place your functions inside the buttons:

    <input name="next" id="next" type="button" onclick="$mcarousel.next();" value="&raquo;" />


    Forgive me if I left out a character or two, still pretty new.

    It doesn't seem to be z-index, I've found info that suggests sometimes Firefox has problems with '.click()'

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

[韓日関係] 首相含む大幅な内閣改造の可能性…早ければ来月10日ごろ=韓国

div not scrolling properly with slimScroll plugin

I am using the slimScroll plugin for jQuery by Piotr Rochala Which is a great plugin for nice scrollbars on most browsers but I am stuck because I am using it for a chat box and whenever the user appends new text to the boxit does scroll using the .scrollTop() method however the plugin's scrollbar doesnt scroll with it and when the user wants to look though the chat history it will start scrolling from near the top. I have made a quick demo of my situation http://jsfiddle.net/DY9CT/2/ Does anyone know how to solve this problem?

Why does this javascript based printing cause Safari to refresh the page?

The page I am working on has a javascript function executed to print parts of the page. For some reason, printing in Safari, causes the window to somehow update. I say somehow, because it does not really refresh as in reload the page, but rather it starts the "rendering" of the page from start, i.e. scroll to top, flash animations start from 0, and so forth. The effect is reproduced by this fiddle: http://jsfiddle.net/fYmnB/ Clicking the print button and finishing or cancelling a print in Safari causes the screen to "go white" for a sec, which in my real website manifests itself as something "like" a reload. While running print button with, let's say, Firefox, just opens and closes the print dialogue without affecting the fiddle page in any way. Is there something with my way of calling the browsers print method that causes this, or how can it be explained - and preferably, avoided? P.S.: On my real site the same occurs with Chrome. In the ex