Skip to main content

Android Activity Transition in an ActivityGroup



UPDATE: Please Ignore this question. I uncommented the top







if (window != null) {

mIdList.add(Id);

setContentView(window.getDecorView());







} by accident. Removed that and it's fine.





Trying to delete question





I am trying to animate between Activities within an Activity Group, inside a tab activity





I know the purists will tell me I shouldn't use multiple activities and should be using a View Flipper, but I didn't start the project and don't have the option to completely re-implement the solution.





Back to my point. Client wants an Activity to "Slide Up Like the iPhone". So I started on the slide up animation. Animation works, but the problem is, after I run the following method in the ActivityGroup, the new activity is non responsive. If I click on a different tab and come back, anything I pressed will have fired. For instance, if I click on a SeekBar on the newly animated activity, it wont move, but if I click on another tab and come back, the SeekBar will be undated, but still unresponsive to any touch.







public void startChildActivity(String Id, Intent intent,

AnimationType animationType) {

Window window = getLocalActivityManager().startActivity(Id,

intent.addFlags(Intent.FLAG_ACTIVITY_CLEAR_TOP));



if (window != null) {

mIdList.add(Id);

setContentView(window.getDecorView());

}



final View view = window != null ? window.getDecorView() : null;

if (view != null) {

Animation animation = AnimationUtils.loadAnimation(this, android.R.anim.slideup);

mIdList.add(Id);

this.setContentView(view);

}

}




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Wildcards in a hosts file

I want to setup my local development machine so that any requests for *.local are redirected to localhost . The idea is that as I develop multiple sites, I can just add vhosts to Apache called site1.local , site2.local etc, and have them all resolve to localhost , while Apache serves a different site accordingly.